Monday, November 24, 2014

Journal #7

In this class the RSS feed was new to me.  I had been apart of things such as Twitter, Teachers Pay Teachers, and Pinterest.  However, the RSS feed allowed me to follow a few teachers who I liked their style of classroom and was able to constantly visit their blog. I found a dictated sentence blog that will give me preset sentences I can grab whenever I need a quick sentence to assess the kids on.   It gave me links to new resources and a little piece of mind knowing other teachers were going through similar things.  This also came from the affinity group of new teachers.  It is encouraging to see other's successes but also relief when you realize you are not the only one who feels like they are treading water.  I want to start gearing my Twitter for professional use rather than the college gossip I used it for previously.  I think because of the ease of Twitter, I will be more apt to check it more frequently and it will be the best tool in keeping connected and learning new things related to teaching.



No comments:

Post a Comment