Monday, October 27, 2014

Journal #4: Project plan

Site title - Miss Bell's Class 
Developer - Nicole Bell
Rational or focus - The goal of this website is to provide my student's parents with an online resource to answer any questions they might have and keep them updated with the most current information. 1st graders are not the best source of information when needing to know future dates, homework strategies, etc.  I also want to supply them with supplemental resources like videos on how to do the common core math and behavior management ideas.  
Main features outline - 
-Navigation 
-Links to sources
-pictures and videos
-basic styling 

Content - 
-Home page: that navigates to the other 4 pages.
-Announcements and Information: This will have upcoming dates, homework and any other important things I need them to know about. 
-Math: Has the current Common Core standards and videos or tutorials that explain how to teach it.
-ELA: Has the current Common Core standards, what we are learning, and additional resources to supplement what we are doing.
-Behavior Management: Describes how my class is ran, and has resources and ideas of how to implement plans at home. 

Target audience - The parents of my students.
Design considerations: I want this to be user friendly, not all my parents are tech savvy.  Possibly usable on a phone. 
Limiting factors - This is my first class so I am trying my best to pick up everything we go over, but the div and id concepts are still confusing me! 





No comments:

Post a Comment