Monday, October 13, 2014

Journal #2

For my affinity group, I have chosen Haiku.  Haiku is a black board type of site that I am currently using for my induction.  This site allows me to post my submissions, read others posts and ask them questions.  I hope to learn different ways of implementing curriculum and mastering the CSTPs.  

For my digg reader, I found that it does not have that many options under topics.  I was looking for some behavioral/ classroom management blogs but there weren’t any.  However, I did find a free technology blog for teachers, and a few good resources for 1st grade teachers.  I would also like to find some tips for 1st year teachers, or tips on how to destress as a teacher.  

Q1: How can you manage your time and read the post that are “worth it”.

Filtering through all the posts can be overwhelming.  I have found that “Made for 1st grade” has been my favorite so far so I make it a point to click on the page first to skim through before looking at the whole list. However, I would like it if they could color coat them so it would be more visual at a glance.  

Q2: How can I use my affinity group as being helpful rather than just another thing to do?

I need to set aside an hour a week to do my work for induction and read through the posts of other teachers to see if they have the same problems as I do and what some of the suggestions are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment